Our guests Rolland Donin and Hendrik Nieweg partner on digital transformation projects. Roland is the founder of IHRS-Training, a consultancy for agile methods and digital transformation, and Hendrik is VP of Solutions at the German IoT specialist, Device Insight, which helps companies with the development of complex IoT-based digital transformation projects.
In this episode, Rolland, Hendrik and Bruce discuss:
- The definition of Industrie 4.0 vs IoT vs digital transformation.
- The difference between IIoT and smart product development.
- The relationship between IoT and digital transformation and why Bruce changed the name of his podcast.
- The “Three As” that must be present at the beginning of every digital transformation.
- Not falling into the gold plating trap.
- Using the edge for data culling.
- The two steps that precede machine learning.
- Quantifying the value created and costs incurred in case studies about smart coffee vending machines and smart electronic components.
Related links you may find useful:
Direct download: rolland_and_hendrik_edit2_mixdown-A.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am PST