Our guest, Scott Giordano, serves as Senior Counsel for Privacy & Compliance at Spirion, an advisor in rapid identification and protection of sensitive data - focused on multinational data protection and its intersection with technology.
In this episode, Scott and Bruce discuss:
- Privacy and security, which are often mistakenly conflated.
- Why you need to bring your lawyer in well before the data collection “cake is baked”.
- The liability differences between a data collecting consumer product and a data collecting business product.
- How to think through the data sharing contract for your newly digitally transformed product or service.
- Privacy laws you should be concerned with if you gather consumer data.
- Why you need to develop a data sharing contract your customer signs before using your digital product or service.
- Why caps and indemnifications are your data sharing contract’s best friends.
Related links you may find useful:
Direct download: s2e6_-_scott_g.mp3
Category:Investing in Technology
-- posted at: 12:30am PDT