Our guest David Wentzloff co-founded Everactive in 2012 and is currently its co-CTO. He is also a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the Faculty Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Michigan.
In this episode, David and Bruce discuss:
- The numbers around university intellectual property transfer.
- How to harvest enough energy through heat or light to eliminate batteries.
- The opportunity to further improve on steam as an efficient method of energy transfer.
- Use cases for steam (heat) powered sensors and the industries they operate in.
- Case study that quantifies the cost and value created by monitoring steam traps which then enables us to compute a return on technology investment and the payback period.
Related links you may find useful:
Direct download: s2e13_-_david_w.mp3
Category:Investing in Technology
-- posted at: 12:30am PDT