Our guests Raymond and Michael Volpatt are brothers and co-owners of Volpatt Construction, a commercial and institutional construction company based in Pittsburgh. They are also co-founders of ShareInTech, a construction workforce optimization, building management, and asset supervision company.
In this episode, Ray, Mike and Bruce discuss:
- How wearables, beacons and geofencing work and how they have transformed safety at the Volpatt worksites.
- How Volpatt is “eating their own dogfood’ by using solutions by ShareinTech and how that forms a virtuous cycle.
- How the tech was adopted by their construction workforce and lessons learned.
- How an increase safety measures reduces the cost of labor by improving a firm’s EMR (Experience Modification Rating) which in turn reduces worker’s compensation premiums.
- Quantifying the value created and costs incurred to implement a smart safety solution.
Related links you may find useful:
Direct download: s2e15_-_ray_and_michael-A.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am PDT