Our guest Dr. Michael Roshak works as an Enterprise Architect for Bankers Healthcare Group - a fintech company that helped hospitals and doctors with financial services during the pandemic. And as part of the Microsoft AI & IoT Insider Lab, Mike ran code-a-thons for Microsoft developers and from which recently wrote the book, Artificial Intelligence for IoT Cookbook.
In this episode, Mike and Bruce discuss:
- Voice activation and privacy concerns.
- The air gap DMZ zone used in AI security.
- The primary importance of upfront business planning for AI success.
- The balance of edge and cloud computing for IoT AI.
- The concept of duty cycles and why they’re important to use as a precursor to anomaly detection and predictive maintenance.
- Not reinventing the wheel and getting help from your cloud and silicon providers.
- The minimum data science team required for AI success.
Related links you may find useful:
Direct download: s2e17_-_mike_r_mixdown-A.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am PDT